Win a Copy of ‘The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds’
A new book offers a novel array of tips that are easy and rewarding to follow.
I wish this book had been available to me when I was starting out, because it is filled with tips and tricks that took me decades to learn. It is detailed and thorough enough to be helpful to an experienced artist, but the explanations are so clear and intuitive, and the text so encouraging, that it should be truly empowering for beginners. Browse this book, try a few drawings, observe, browse some more. Don't worry about how your drawings look; with this book as your guide I guarantee they will get better. Just enjoy the excitement that comes from engaging your curiosity about birds, and the satisfaction of learning.
David Allen Sibley
LAWS GUIDE TO DRAWING BIRDS GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Sponsor: Audubon Magazine, an operating unit of National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 ("Audubon Magazine" or "Audubon").
2) No purchase necessary.
3) The "Laws Guide to Drawing Birds Giveaway" ("Contest") is open from 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 21, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. ET on August 30, 2013.
4) Eligible entrants must be at least 18 years old as of August 21, 2013 and a resident of the contiguous 48 United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and any and all entities directly associated with the Contest, including immediate family members and members of the same household, are not eligible to participate (collectively with Sponsor, the "Contest Entities"). Void where prohibited by law. Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations ("Official Rules").
5) To enter leave a comment by completing the "Your name", "E-mail" and "Comment" fields (the Submission") on the following article page of Audubon Magazine's website: http://audubonmagazine.org/articles/living/win-copy-laws-guide-drawing-birds. The "Homepage" field on such article page is optional and will have no effect on your chances. Email addresses submitted with any Submission must be valid. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or entrant at any time in the event of any evidence of false or deceptive acts by an entrant, including, but not limited to, multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro or other automatic means; any Submission determined to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor's image or if it is otherwise determined that the entrant has not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules.
6) Only one entry permitted per person.
7) Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8) Five winners will each receive one copy of the book The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds, by John Muir Laws, Heyday 2013 (value: $24.95) (Total value of all prizes: $249.50).
9) Winners will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon Magazine on September 5, 2013 and notified by Audubon Magazine via email on or before September 13, 2013. If within five (5) business days using Audubon Magazine's reasonable effort, any winner does not respond to Audubon Magazine's notification email, or otherwise cannot be contacted, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected.
10) Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, viruses, bugs, malfunctions, or other any other errors, human or otherwise, regardless of the cause (collectively, an "Error"). In the event of any Error, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion to discontinue, suspend, cancel, or modify the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to judge all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the Error requiring such cancellation using the selection procedure outlined above. Prize is subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. Sponsor does not have, nor shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to entrant's Submission. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of their prize not specified herein as being awarded.
11) Sponsor and its designees have the right, unless prohibited by law, to use entrant's name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods, services and mission of the Sponsor and all matters related to the Contest, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.